Tapioca: (Was: Re: Bread Pudding or Rather Brussels Sprouts)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Tue Jul 10 08:21:17 EDT 2001

>Aha, there are two kinds of tapioca: flakes, which produce a nice
>creamy pudding, like your mum's and mine, and  just plain tapioca
>which does contain these big translucent lumps of stuff (which look
>the way you imagine sheep's eyeballs do) and go down in a rather
>slithery way, my Auntie disconcerted me with that type once . The
>latter must have been what poor Sarah Shears was made to eat.
>I've a feeling flakes are all you would find these days.
>Ven

Ven - flaked tapioca?  I have now checked, and our local supermarket
at least, carries no such beast.  I certainly didn't remember having
seen flaked tapioca anywhere!  It seems almost an oxymoron. :)  But
maybe we here in Ireland are just behind-the-times or something
(please note, I don't believe a word of it - but then I happen to
like the texture of real tapioca!)

Hallie