Brussel sprouts

Gross Family argross at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 5 23:49:04 EDT 2001

In our family we've discovered a use for brussel sprouts. We cook them in
soup--many kinds will do, such as chicken soup (!), split pea soup, barley
soup--for the last half hour of cooking. What happens is that the brussel
sprouts add a deeper flavour to the soup, and--miracle of miracles!--the
brussel sprouts themselves taste delicious, because they absorb the flavours
in the soup.

I'll bet when you all read my first sentence, you thought I was going to say
something funny...or even obecene (an obsene use for brussel sprouts? The
mind boggles!).....

Ros