OT-ish: "A defense of fantasy, with a reading list"

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 23:07:50 EDT 2001

it's a lovely article, but note that it contains what
seems like a spoiler for Neil Gaiman's new novel,
_American Gods_.  it may be one of those facts which
becomes clear very early on in the novel, because
otherwise i can't imagine the author of the article
just coming out and saying it like that, but it's
something i did not realize [having seen the press
releases, looked some at the website, and read the
jacket blurb], and wish that i had not been told, as
it is likely to change my perception of the book and
its characters once i swallow the price enough to
acquire and devour a copy.

--jenwa.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/print/sunday/bookworld/A61397-2001Jun28.html