Bread Pudding

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jul 5 20:56:18 EDT 2001

Irina wrote

> On Wed, 4 Jul 2001 JillPowers70 at gateway.net wrote:
>
> > What are broad beans?  Are they like lima beans?
>
> I think they are lima beans. Large green pod, easy to shell, furry
> inside, large flat pale green bean that goes greyish when cooked,
> slightly bitter flavour.

The description is spot on, but I don't think they are the same as
lima beans. The dictionary says broad beans are the "common
bean" and lima beans are similar to french beans (it doesn't help
that french beans certainly didn't come form france origianlly but
lima beans may well have come form Lima). On their flavour, I only
like young freshly picked broad beans, the ones you get in shops
are all too bitter and too tough for me.
Ven

"Any reader has the right to say of any text: "But I didn't think it was that good."

Samuel R Delany