OT: Pop-tarts was: Re: Bread pudding

Irina Rempt ira at rempt.xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 4 05:15:39 EDT 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

> Pop-Tarts are VERY sweet.  I like the strawberry ones myself.  Also the
> brown sugar and cinnamon ones (spicy and sweet).  They are also pretty hard
> unless you toast them...the pastry part is almost a soft cracker instead of
> pastry.  I would think you could make them, though I'd be worried about
> committing a homemade one to a regular toaster.  I use a toaster oven (so
> they lie flat) and I bet that would work.

I have a flat table grill that you can double up so it's almost a
toaster oven, which would be perfect. I use it for toasted cheese
sandwiches as well (my toaster is broken, and my toasted-cheese-
sandwich iron to use on a gas flame is way too small if even more
than one person wants one).

I might make something like sweet bread dough and bake it in the
shape of pita bread, or even use the small pita bread I usually put
falafel balls in.

   Irina