Hey! An on-topic post!

Jennifer Forsyth jforsyth at equinox.unr.edu
Tue Jul 3 13:25:46 EDT 2001

(delurking)

My confessional list includes Hexwood, Time of the Ghost, The Power of Three,
and parts of the Dalemark Quartet. I haven't really been converted on any of
these; I have always liked Fire and Hemlock, but it's one of the ones that every
time I read it, it makes me feel as though I hadn't properly appreciated it
before, and I always end up feeling that part of it has still escaped me. Oh,
and I used to have a problem with Tale of Time City (I think I mentioned this
before, early on) in that my copy of the book was flawed and instead of
containing the last few chapters of the book, duplicate chapters from earlier
were bound in their place, so I was caught in a time-loop and couldn't get to
the ending. And my stupidest errors? Not ordering (through the library) the Wild
Robert audiocassette earlier because I prefer reading books, especially the
first time, and not ordering Everard's Ride because it was "just short stories."
Eep!

(At this point, I'd like to add further encouragement for anybody who can use
Interlibrary Loan to use it. It's the only practical way to get out-of-print
books sometimes. That's how I've found (for reading purposes) some of James
Blaylock's early books, Neal Stephenson's The Big U, and some others that I
can't think of currently.)

Also, speaking of moving (ahem) I'm about to move to Portland, OR, and I
remember there's somebody else on the list from Portland, but I don't remember
who. (Was it Sarah???)

Jennifer Forsyth