OT: Mononoke

Tanaqui tweaver at imbolc.ucc.ie
Mon Jan 29 12:07:57 EST 2001

Of course, this has *nothing* to do with DWJ
(pace, andrew osmond and/or Laura Cecil)

but has anyone else bought the DVD of _Princess Mononoke_, which Disney
obligingly released with the Japanese track as well as the Neil Gaiman
dub? (after a huge online petition)

Mine has a glitch about 12 or 13 minutes into it, which might be an
appallingly-placed layer-transition (usually located in a fade-to-black
or a quiet bit so as not to be horribly obvious). I'm not an anime-nut,
and I'm the first among my friends to start buying Miyazaki on DVD rather
than tape. If this isn't common to all the pressings, then I am going to
complain to my retailer, but if it's a poor layer-change it's tragically
unavoidable.

Tanaqui