Howl

andrew osmond andrew at ozma.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 29 03:53:29 EST 2001

 M Elizabeth Parks <meparks at mtholyoke.edu> writes
>oh, hey, the disney thing made me think of it: whatever happened to the
>anime "Howl" that was under discussion?  Because I have thought of the
>perfect person to do Howl's voice, but I have to look it up before I can
>post.

Sorry I forgot to mention this before. I made some inquiries about the
reports of a possible anime adaptation of Howl's Moving Castle, directed
by Hayao Miyazaki (Kiki's Delivery Service, Mononoke, Totoro etc). Yes,
there certainly has been some communication BUT DWJ's agent is worried
about the story being spread too far by fans. She believes it might
annoy some of the people she's dealing with on the Japanese side.

Obviously, there was a lot of net posting on the subject last year -
some by me! - which can't be helped now, but IMO it would be better if
we kept quiet from now on.  :)

At present, Miyazaki is still working on his current movie project - a
fantasy about a little girl who visits the realm of the gods - due for
release in Japan this July. No confirmed news yet about what will happen
after that. However, presumably the Howl film is still a possibility.
--
andrew osmond