OT: angels

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Sat Jan 27 16:58:46 EST 2001

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 08:14:06 +0000 (GMT), Tanaqui wrote:

>That hodgepodge might result from the descriptions in Isaiah and Ezekiel, with
>the three sets of wings (Isaiah 6) and all the mad wheels (Ezekiel 10)?

I've heard that the wings are symbols of power and giving them the three
sets was to emphasize their power to do things with each set.  Don't know
how authoritative that is because it's something buried in the memory
unannotated.

>Decorative cherubim are described on various objects as well as the Ark of the
>Covenant.

Yup.  And interesting descriptions.  Too bad the original authors didn't do
illustrations.  I'm left with some interesting questions even with the
rather elaborate explanations.

Jacob