Serafina, origin of and angels

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Thu Jan 25 09:41:54 EST 2001

Gili wrote:

>Have we discussed here how all Angels' names end with "el":

>Gabriel
>Daniel
>Michael (pronounced in Hebrew Mee-kha-el)
>Ariel

Raphael, Uriel...
Not that I know. It has to to with the meanings of the names, hasn't it?
I used to know the significances of the archangels' names... Help?

And while I'm at it, does anybody know why angels are called "thrones
and dominations"? I know a song from church where they are mentioned
(Throne und Herrschaften) as well.

Another bit: there are pictures in churches of seraphim (or was that
cherubim?) where they have six wings, that hide their body (or maybe
they haven't got one?)

Bettina
who wanted Liriel in her email adress, but it was already taken. Well,
LiriL is a palindrome (reads the same backwards), and as I gather an
indian soap :-)