de-lurking for Bimbos

Wed Jan 24 15:08:14 EST 2001

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:30:53 -0500, Jessie Bishop Powell wrote:

>Did you know _Bimbos of the Death Sun_ has a sequel? I think it's  _Zombies
>of the Gene Pool_, but I can't remember and may have the title wrong.

That's the title.  It was, in my opinion, less funny than _Bimbos_, but
still very good.

My experience with _Bimbos of the Death Sun_ was different when I re-read it
after getting to know more people who are involved with fandom...it seemed
more mean-spirited the second time.  There's also the section where the main
female character attends the Star Trek wedding, and talks about how they're
going to live in this tiny little apartment, walls lined with books, and
it's such an awful fate, and I realized, "Hey!  That was ME ten years ago!"
Disturbing.

Melissa Proffitt