Bimbos of the Death Sun

lpuszcz at uoft02.utoledo.edu lpuszcz at uoft02.utoledo.edu
Wed Jan 24 11:19:56 EST 2001

Elise wrote:

I am loaning her Deep Secret next, because we've both just read Bimbos of
the Death Sun (hereafter "Bimbos").  Has anyone else read this Sharyn
McCrumb book?  It's a mystery set at a (mais oui) Con.  I can't decide if
Bimbos might have influenced DWJ, or if I see similarities due to the Con
experience common to both writers.

I read it a while ago,  and liked it a lot, even though at the time I had
never been to a con (still haven't) and hadn't read much sci fi or fantasy
(improving in that area).  Actually, all her books are good; she mostly
writes mysteries, one series featuring a forensic anthropologist named
Elizabeth MacPherson and the other set in Appalachia (for some reason that
looks like I spelled it wrong, but I can't figure out what the problem is)
and dealing more with social issues.  Definitely worth a read.

Laurie