Lonely children

kylie.preisig at police.wa.gov.au kylie.preisig at police.wa.gov.au
Tue Jan 23 23:54:45 EST 2001

This was discussed in depth one time either here, or on
rec.arts.books.childrens.  It was pointed out that neglected or lonely
children are the perfect kind to feature in a fantasy story as they are not
going to have parents tagging along who they have to explain the magic to.

Thus avoiding something like one of my least ever favourite scenes in a book
in _Deep Wizardry_ where Nita tells here parents she is actually a powerful
wizard.  It just made me cringe!!

Byeeee,
Kylie

This email message and any attached files may contain information that is
confidential and subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the
person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient be
advised that you have received this message in error and that any use, copying,
circulation, forwarding, printing or publication of this message or attached files is
strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information contained therein.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete it from your Inbox.