Foreign editions

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzky at madison.k12.wi.us
Tue Jan 23 22:47:04 EST 2001

>Say, we seem to have a lot of people interested in both languages and
>computers.  I'd be interested to know your thoughts on the role of
>computers in language learning.  We introduced an Internet workbook for
>the introductory Spanish courses here and it is meeting with a lot of
>resistance (not completely unfounded resistance, I might add, due to some
>technical glitches).  Any experience with this type of language learning?
>Any opinions?

In my university Hebrew lit class we had computer versions of the lit, with
computerized vocabulary, and computerized sentence analysis, and I found it
really helpful, because it was more relevant and up-to-date than paper
resources.  (although less general).  I think being good at languages and
good at computers both are based on the same general thing, a willingness
and ability to learn in a dynamic field.
anyway...
RDG

Rebecca D. Ganetzky