Fire & Hemlock Revisited (or maybe not...)

McMullin, Elise emcmullin at kl.com
Tue Jan 23 15:38:11 EST 2001

Paul:
"She was right, more or less, about the pronunciation of Boadicea; it's
just that Boadicea's name was really Boudicca.
If I remember correctly."

A propos of nothing much, just seizing a floating thought - did anyone else
have that coloring book of famous women?  It was so awe inspiring that I was
afraid to color in it.  My favorites were Boudicca and Lady Murasaki.  Poor
Florence Nightingale and Golda Meir were less exciting from the coloring
perspective: it didn't seem right to do them up in fuschia and turquoise.

I like didjeridoo and boomerang a lot - Wagga Wagga is just *great!*

Here's some for your enunciation pleasure from where I grew up: Monongahela,
Allegheny, Punxatawney, Youghiogheny, Ligonier, Lackawanna, Susquehanna,
Cuyahoga.  Iroquois is a favorite of mine as well.