Fire & Hemlock Revisited (or maybe not...)

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Tue Jan 23 02:56:40 EST 2001

>Mass-a-chew-setts.  Just like it's spelled.  :)  T

So I gathered, after the BeeGees started up!

>(I love Native American words.  Potawatomie.  Oneida.  Algonquin.
>Iroquois.)

Umm - how about Nabageena, Winnaleah, Wangaratta, Wagga Wagga (a sounded as
o) , Catagunya,  Cethana (soft C), Lileah, Kooreeup, Cooee, Kurumburra and
Pyangana?  All except the two I marked are pronounced exactly as thay're
spelled.

Nab-a-GEENa (hard G),  Winn-a-LEah,  Wan-gar-ATT-a, Wagga Wagga (as Wogga
Wogga),
Cat-a-GUN-ya,  Cethana (soft C as Seth-ARN-a), Lie-LEah,  Koo-ree-UP,
COO-ee,
Kurr-UM-burra and Pie-an-GANA (or GANNA).

Sallyo.