Pangur the cat

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Mon Jan 22 10:39:52 EST 2001

Hi,

I have now looked up the book (I can't check my copy, though) it's
called Pembroke's Cat in German and Thomas Gray: Philosopher Cat in
English, written by Philip J. Davis.

Amazon's synopsis: Thomas Gray, a cat that helps a Cambridge historian
of mathematics with his research, purrs at the center of this light,
philosophical tale wrapped around mathematical problems.

The professor that the cat lives with at some point makes a discovery,
is very happy and dances around the room, singing this poems to his cat.
Or somthing like that. It's been a while since I read it. I do remember
that Thomas was female...

Bettina