the nature of magic

Mayaserana jenny.preston at virgin.net
Sat Jan 20 16:07:19 EST 2001

>In a message dated 1/9/2001 11:01:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:
>
>> >Not to mention adjusting the focal depth of eyeballs to eliminate the
need
>>  >for glasses. No doubt there's LOTS of purely mechanical fine tuning
>>  >adjustments that people would pay good money for.
>>
>>  Oh yes, never thought of that!  You'd think after 32 years of
>>  corrective lenses it would have been high on my list.  And, unlike
>>  Nat, magic is the _only_ way I could even think of having this done.
>>
>>  Hallie.
>
>My brother had the laser surgery not long ago, but as he's a very serious
>karate dude (I've lost track of what dan blackbelt he is, but either fourth
>or fifth), it made more sense for him than it does for me.
>
>I've never been able to figure out why Harry Potter has to go on wearing
>glasses.

It becomes a habit after a while.  I've just got contact lenses, but I still
reach out for my glasses before I watch something on TV even though the
contacts make my vision fine.  He probably does it for the sake of comfort,
although I'm sure that if he tried to do something about it with Ron and
Hermione they'd end up making his eyes explode or something similar...

>And surely magic would be rather good for disposing of one's
>unwanted pounds of flesh?

But then where would it go?

Mayaserana / Jenny