Site updates

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 18 22:24:18 EST 2001

>How wonderful! Are you still fond of newts? And does it mean that you were
>brought up in either a) an English speaking country or b) English speaking
>household?
>Ania

partly b) with occasional a) ...
I was born in Israel but was taken to the states for a year at a time at
ages 2, 6, 10 and 14 - whenever my mother took a sabbatical to do research
abroad. My mother was similarly born in Israel but lived in the states from
ages 7 to 10, so she has excellent English as well, though she has a
distinct Israeli accent, and I don't. At home we speak a mixture of Hebrish
and Englew.