Dorian's shapeshifters (was nature of magic)

Nat Case ncase at hedbergmaps.com
Wed Jan 10 17:10:15 EST 2001

I dunno about matter-energy. The imbalance at the scale we're used to
dealing with is so immense (the c2 in E=mc2). Nuclear dragons are a
neat image, though.

You could also have a creature accrete surrounding matter to gain
size/mass (that's how we grow naturally), and secrete it to reduce.
Every time you shrink you leave a pile of dust (or something
else...ewww), and every time you grow you need to use dirt
(ooh...Biblical/golem echoes), or a tree, or gold (to become a
dragon?).

Interesting question, Dorian...

Nat