The nature of magic

Wed Jan 10 01:07:16 EST 2001

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001 17:54:52 -0500 , McMullin, Elise wrote:

>How disturbing - you are so right Gili about how the question makes you
>think of things about yourself you've never thought of before.  Horrible
>moment.  I just realized I like ruses. Oh my.  Well there's something to
>think about.  At least I only like harmless ones.  But I see - it makes
>sense under the overarching idea of consonance, metaphor and association -
>so in a word, my magic would be verisimilitudinous.  Which is just plain fun
>to say.  Maybe there is something to those pop psych moments in YoTG after
>all  ;)

I'm adding verisimilitudinous to my computer's dictionary. :)

I can't begin to imagine what my magic would look like.  You're right that
all sorts of horrible realizations spring to mind about oneself.  I'm afraid
my magic would look like Gwendolen Chant's, but in a sort of leaning-on way
that intensified with the amount of attention I paid to things.  Awful, eh?

Melissa Proffitt
(sort of back from vacation)