The nature of magic

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jan 9 21:37:59 EST 2001

One of the things I would like to be able to do is to convert my role
playing scenarios into the magical equivalent of virtual reality  --
and play in other people's. I wonder just how much reality one
would want however ............

The magic I think I would have if there were magic is that of growing
things, and maybe shaping the landscape. I would be very hands
on -- in the dirt under fingernails and callouses kind of way. I would
probably spend a long time mooching about and sitting around to
get a feel of a place and what was already there and what it needed
then I would disappear into a whirlwind of soil and leaves, emerging
from it some hours later into the newly shaped and planted garden.
The pests would all keep away and everything I put in would come
up the expected colour at the expected time so all my planting
schemes would work! There would, of course be endless fine tuning
-- more mooching, examining petals and sitting in the sun. Come
to think of it its what I'd do with a sufficiently advanced technology
too <g>.
                                           Ven.