Casting thread!

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Mon Jan 8 05:15:50 EST 2001

Paul:

>The actress who always strikes me as looking like Ms Angorian is
>Catherine Zeta-Jones.
>Who, as a bonus, is actually Welsh.

I agree!  But I think it's because, seemingly unlike most people,
I've always thought she's pretty in that
very-easy-to-imagine-her-being-a-total-bitch kind of way.

I've come up with another possibility for Howl, but I'm afraid few
people are going to know him.  The BBC did a new dramatization of
Lorna Doone, and I think the actor who played John Ridd, Richard
Coyle, would be good.  It helped (me, at any rate) that he had long
hair for the part.  He also managed to languish a bit when required,
without looking like a total twerp.  (I liked this as a Lorna Doone
adaptation, also, fwiw.)

Hallie.