Connie Willis/casting

alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca
Sun Jan 7 22:48:43 EST 2001

All right, that did it.

Becca, I'm afraid you are one of those people with the capacity of
making people want to read the books you talk about favourably.  (I follow
C.S. Lewis in calling it the faculty of entusiastick [sic] criticism.)
The works of Connie Willis are now firmly entrenched in my (virtual, due
to tiny apartment) To Read pile, and it's all your fault. :)

I've read To Say Nothing of the Dog, and I must confess that, weeks later,
close friends have had to threaten physical violence to make me stop
saying dearums dearums this and that. I still catch myself saying things
like "what a darling darling whatnot" in a cooing tone of voice.  (Connie
Willis, like Dorothy Sayers, has the dangerous gift for characters with
infectious verbal mannerisms.)

Cheerio,

Alexandra