yotg discussion (Spoilers)

Robyn Starkey robyns at corplink.com.au
Sun Jan 7 18:33:18 EST 2001

I am enjoying everyone's comments on YOTG, and I have noticed that a lot of
the criticisms are the same ones that I had of the book and it occurs to me
that they are distilled into one comment - the book isn't long enough. Not
exactly in the sense that the story finishes too soon, but that there are
clearly large chunks of the book that were written in DWJ's head but didn't
make it into the book. I thought when I picked it up that it was
disappointingly thin in terms of physical measurement, but it is a bit like
that in terms of content as well. I must say that this seems
uncharacteristic and I wonder if there was some external imposed on DWJ
about length or time to produce the book.

Robyn