YoT

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Wed Jan 3 21:25:36 EST 2001

I was interested  in the contrast/similarity between Querida and Corckoran.
Both of them are more interested in working on their hobbies than on their
main jobs.  Yes, the hobby Querida is doing is VERY important and difficult,
but she neglects her duties toward the university, which is why the teachers
there are able to screw up so thoroughly.  )I know she thinks of her flower
garden as her hobby, but that's self-deceptive..(

Of course, at least she's not stealing as well--it seems to me that most of
the funding that the university is so short of has gone to pay for
Corkcoran's little space shoot-- it's such a prestigious project... (and I'm
an ardent space-supporter myself!)

On the other hand, after all our discussions about not particularly trusting
in or relying on older people for help, here we see an example where Policant
and Flurry are stepping in to take care of things - and I am sure that they
will do a very good job of it too.  This is not DWJ's usual attitude IMHO.

I wish all of you a very happy True Millennium!
Devra
(fairly exhausted from cooking for the friends who'll come over for the New
Year if they can get through the 11" of snow we just had)

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com
devra at aol.com