"Chalet School" and other books available

Irina Rempt ira at rempt.xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 28 11:00:05 EST 2001

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Anna Skarzynska wrote:

> Irina:

> Do you want a Welsh bible/hymn book then?

Oh yes. I have modern ones (the hymn book is Y Caniedydd Mawr) but I
can always use more bibles and hymn books.

> If you have access to any exotic
> ones, I'm definitely interested. Dutch?

Any special preferences - Catholic or Protestant, old or modern
editions? If I go to my favourite second-hand bookshop (well, the
second best, my favourite is a fantasy/SF shop) I'll be able to pick
them up for next to nothing and we can arrange a swap.

> >            Varsinen an laynynay, saraz no arlet rastynay.

> What language is this? Latvian? Put me out of my misery and do tell!

No, Valdyan, it's a language I made myself. I also use this account
for the Constructed Languages list. It means "if you say I'm telling
tales, then go find out if it's true", a common way to end stories.
If you want to know more, follow the URL below.

   Irina