green ink=nutter?

Anna Skarzynska theania at freeuk.com
Mon Feb 26 20:49:50 EST 2001

. To research mine I looked at some
> conspiracy sites. Why are they all white letters on black
> background? makes a change from gren ink I suppose.
>                                            Ven.

I resent that remark. My fountain pen is filled with green ink right now,
and when it isn't, it has purple ink in it. And I am not a conspiracy nut.
So there.
Seriously, I have only come across the green ink=nutter thing since I came
to the UK. Is it an international thing, or just in English speaking
countries, or just UK?
Or has it got a literary origin? Does anyone know?
Ania