Serafina, origin of and angels

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 7 13:17:43 EST 2001

Just for the record, I meant *no* slight to *anyone*. I did not say or mean
to imply anything derogatory against either people who hold relgious beliefs
of any persuasion, or skeptics (of any persuasion...)

Not that I don't have my own opinions on these subjects, but I am not
interested in discussing them on this list! I was merely aiming to advance
the discussion along linguistic lines, and later answered a direct question
about my education.

So please don't read into my posts more than I intended.

And if either Esther or Rosie took offense from anything I wrote, I
apologize sincerely.

By the way, I hope Sarah is planning to say that "Oregon" is pronounced:

O as in oar
re with a scwha (or as in "rent")
gon with a schwa (sounds like "gn" or "gin", depending how fast you say it)

Gili
(who once lived in Eugene)