Best of 2001

rganetzk at oberlin.edu rganetzk at oberlin.edu
Mon Dec 31 16:15:46 EST 2001

Melissa said:  "Does anyone else obsess over owning particular editions of books--
certain bindings, certain cover art?  Or is it just me?"
'tain't just you, Melissa.  I highly doubt I'm the only person on this list who must
confess to owning all of the Chrestomanci books PLUS both of the new copies (with
 two total volumes.)  And I was just considering buying myself a new copy of F&H
(yes, purely because I can't stand the firey horse and see-through dress, either) .  I
 also have two copies of Crown of Dalemark (I couldn't resist those nice blue
covers, with the mapish thing.  Much better than my random cover the depicts
everyone so poorly.) and I'm secretly trying to procure a copy of Power of thee
with the "Magic Quest" cover (actually, I want a complete set of the Magic Quest
books, with those covers, but they're really old, and I've only seen one apart from
my copy of Magicians of Caprona, and it was in a used bookstore in the middle of
the Milwaukee airport, and I was trying to do other stuff, like get on a plane, at the
time.)
Anyway, my point is, yes, many of us try to get particular editions of books.
-RDG