Words, sounds, pictures (OT)

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 26 16:22:42 EST 2001

--- Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk wrote:
> Customer: I might have a look, but I expect I've got
> everything.  I've got most
> science fiction books now, about 3000 of them.
>
> Me (thinks): Come again?  If you've only got 3000
> books, you've barely scratched
> the surface of the science fiction corpus!

interesting factoid along these lines:
(sorry this is so late, but it took me awhile to get
the figures)
the MIT Science Fiction Society, which claims to have
over 90% of all science fiction and fantasy ever
published in English, has over 23,000 separate entries
in its datadex (catalogue, basically) -- not including
duplicates or magazines.

--jenwa.