OT: Lord of the Dilemmas.

Rebecca Ganetzky Rebecca.Ganetzky at oberlin.edu
Sun Dec 23 13:39:45 EST 2001

On Sun, 23 Dec 2001, [iso-8859-1] Sophie Liebregts wrote:

> Well, maybe slightly on topic as it has someting to do
> with visual imaginations....
>
> Anyway, I cannot make up my mind whether to go and the
> the Lord of the Rings film. The problem is that I have
> seem the trailers and it does not at all match what is
> in my head. This is no criticism of the film at all,
> people will just imagine thing differently. It is just
> that I prefer what was in my head before. And I am
> afraid I the film will "take over" and kill the
> imagined world. Then again, maybe I might just take it
> as someone else version.
Hmmm...I had this problem with Harry Potter -- Some of the characters
(most notably Snape)  looked an awful lot different than I imagined and
all of the setting looked different, and now some of settings have
overwritten my imagery (especially in instances where such imagery was
vague to begin with)  and I don't think I'll be able to get everything
back...Anyway, I've been forbidden to see the movie until I read the book,
and I've been ordered to go see the movie on Monday...so I'd better get
reading :-)
RDG