new here

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 19 05:32:59 EST 2001

Hello all!

After having four different e-mails floating around my inbox and replying to
practically everything I do hope I'm subscribed now. I joined a tiny little
DWJ list on yahoogroups and made other people join as well. One of them
tipped me of this place, so here I am! Normal intelligent people would
obviously have looked around everywhere for a list, but not me.

Now, what it's all about is that I spent so much time on Harry Potter lists
explaining that JK Rowlings actually nicked a lot of stuff from other
writers that I started to wonder why I was on those lists when I wasn't on
any for the other writers. I picked Diana Wynne Jones since she is the best
of the bunch, and guilty of Howl's Moving Castle, only about my favourite
book. (It's funny, that used to be East of Eden, and before that Jane Eyre.
I'm obviously growing younger.)

Now, about me. My name is Katarina Maria Hjärpe (pronounced Yairpë), but
online and among my friends I'm known as Katta. I am 21 years old and a
student at the University of Lund in Sweden, currently angsting over a paper
on the history of children's books. Eventually I plan on being a cultural
journalist. The DWJ books I have read are Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in
the Air, Powers of Three, Archer's Goon, A Tale of Time City (which isn't
all that good), Dogsbody, all four Chrestomanci Chronicles, and Minor
Arcana. I think that's all. I've wished for Tough Guide to Fantasyland for
Christmas, let's hope I get it.

I am one of those despicable person who enjoys writing fanfiction and always
has half a dozen such stories in the works. At the moment one of them is a
crossover between Howl and Dark Angel, let's see whatever could come of
that...

That's all for now, I think. May all your camels be bountiful!

Katta

Adventure Stories and Fun http://www.geocities.com/katta_hj
White Wolf Website http://www.geocities.com/katta_hj/diefenbaker
Hades' Warrior http://www.geocities.com/katta_hj/hadeswarrior
Sidekick Pride http://www.envy.nu/roseveare/doylewes

AIM: KattaHj   MSN: Katta   ICQ: 77069228