New YA publishing imprint

Thu Dec 13 03:52:56 EST 2001

Assuming that everyone's just gone quiet, and that there are no technical
difficulties....

I just got a message on another list about a new Tor imprint for "young
readers" called Starscape.  It will be a venue for releasing SF and fantasy
books in trade paperback young adult versions, with "kid-friendly" larger
type.  The message I saw implied that in some cases the text would also be
edited; I don't know what to make of that.  The point is that the schedule
includes _Deep Secret_ (scheduled for November) and Caroline Stevermer's _A
College of Magic_ (October), among other titles by authors such as Patricia
Wrede and Jane Yolen. (Why they're doing H.M. Hoover's _Orvis_ and not the
far superior _This Time of Darkness_ is beyond me.)  The link I have comes
from Orson Scott Card's Hatrack River site:

http://www.hatrack.com/misc/starscape/index.shtml

The first publication is going to be _The Eye of the World_ in two volumes.

Melissa Proffitt