Usenet post

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Fri Dec 7 17:20:05 EST 2001

In a message dated 12/7/2001 5:17:43 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:

> You never met anyone more lactose-intolerant than Diana Wynne Jones (just
>  don't stir her black coffee with a spoon you used to stir someone else's
>  coffee with milk in it: she'll be crippled with arthritis for two days,
>  unable to move her spine or neck let alone her hands) and she has a bread
>  machine she uses all the time. If you want I'll ask her exactly how she
>  changes the recipes so they contain no lactose at all, and email you the
>  results

Huh? I am the most lactose-tolerant person you would ever want to meet, and
my basic bread recipe contains flour, water, oil, yeast, salt, and sugar. How
would that contain lactose anyway? I know lots of people do put milk or
butter in, but I never thought it was exactly mandatory.

Helen Schinske