hexwood

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzk at oberlin.edu
Fri Dec 7 08:28:08 EST 2001

A) We're nearing my finals week, so don't expect much from me, but:
Saith Ferricide
>another interesting thing is that the copy of hexwood my friend just bought
>me as a present to replace my old paperback has something the old one
>doesn't.. the paperback (US edition, puffin, 1996 or thereabouts) doesn't
>have the "author's note" at the back. the new copy i have (the greenwillow
>US hardback) does, although they appear to be struck from the same plates.
>it's explains a little bit. of course, DWJ avoids explanations usually, so
>it's nice to get a chance to read it. i was tempted to run to the end and
>read it but i made myself wait till i'd finished the book before doing so.

I have read an Author's note in the back of Eight Days of Luke that
explains rather a lot, and, actually, I think I've read that one (library
copy.  Which I hated because the cover apparently made the boook look like
"Vampire Porn" as I was repeatedly told by various "friends")  How long is
the author's note?  Do you mind sharing it with us, as I only have a
paperback copy?

Rebecca D. Ganetzky
"...and do not say that a thing is impossible to understand, for eventually
it will be understood."-Rabbi Hillel