DWJ's answers: Harry Potter

Fri Aug 31 17:24:42 EDT 2001

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 15:09:12 -0600, Jacob Proffitt wrote:

>---Original Message From: Rebecca Ganetzky
>> Um...You've probably read them all but my personal favorites
>> that haven't been discussed here that I can remember:
>> Crichton's Timeline, for people into SF and Everst universes.
>> deLint's anything, but particularly Dreams Underfoot. Gaiman
>> and Pratchett's Good Omens. Gaiman's Neverwhere and Stardust
>
>I'll add that Gaiman's _American Gods_ is excellent.  I think that
>Gaiman is fully hitting his stride in novel form.  I found _Stardust_ a
>bit, um, sketchy at times--too pictorial and static.

*WHY* am I the only one who liked _Stardust_?  Okay, sure, I can accept
finding it dull after reading the graphic novel version, but...either I'm
missing something or everyone else is nuts.  I think it's a really good
fairy tale and he's using a roughly fairy-tale narrative style.  I do want
to read the graphic novel eventually, though.

Melissa Proffitt