DWJ's answers: Harry Potter

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Fri Aug 31 17:09:12 EDT 2001

---Original Message From: Rebecca Ganetzky
> Um...You've probably read them all but my personal favorites
> that haven't been discussed here that I can remember:
> Crichton's Timeline, for people into SF and Everst universes.
> deLint's anything, but particularly Dreams Underfoot. Gaiman
> and Pratchett's Good Omens. Gaiman's Neverwhere and Stardust

I'll add that Gaiman's _American Gods_ is excellent.  I think that
Gaiman is fully hitting his stride in novel form.  I found _Stardust_ a
bit, um, sketchy at times--too pictorial and static.  Not so _American
Gods_.  Beautifully well done.  A bit of a warning--_American Gods_ is
very disturbing and not for the squeamish, particularly those squeamish
about children.

Jacob Proffitt