DWJ's answers: Harry Potter

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzk at oberlin.edu
Fri Aug 31 16:58:30 EDT 2001

>>The trouble is, this is so good that it makes me all cross with everything
>>else around. I wish I hadn't read all of DWJ's books so I could fall into
>>one in this sort of way. Her new one sounds like it won't be out for ages.
There's a new one?  Really?  What will it be?

>But this list is, as you say, really good for hooking people on new
>books...doesn't ANYONE have something fabulous to suggest?  That I haven't
>already read?  Anyone??
Um...You've probably read them all but my personal favorites that haven't
been discussed here that I can remember:
Crichton's Timeline, for people into SF and Everst universes.
deLint's anything, but particularly Dreams Underfoot.
Gaiman and Pratchett's Good Omens.
Gaiman's Neverwhere and Stardust
Carl Sagan's Contact
Oh!   Haven't read them yet, but they look amazing:  The new collection of
Nebula Awards, look for it under Willis (The editor)
Wrede's Snow White Rose Red (Which I just got a copy of).
Here's a suggestion ,very few people have read the entire Fairy Tale series
in my experience.  Go to the library and get Steven Brust's the Sun, the
Moon and the Stars.
Oh, I just finished Orson Scott Card's Enchantment, which was reasonable,
although not wonderful, defineatly a good step fantasy-wise for Card.
Ender's Game's good, too, of course.
Hayden's Rhapsody is supposed to be good, but I'm just starting it.

Rebecca D. Ganetzky