The Merchandise (was Re: DWJ's answers: Harry Potter)

Fri Aug 31 16:05:57 EDT 2001

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:41:53 -0400, Rebecca Ganetzky wrote:

>>Anyway, no figurines, please, but what about Chrestomanci Castle stationery?
>>Rashpuhti carpets?  Butter pies?  Creema di Leema alcopops?  Hmm.  Perhaps
>>it's
>>not such a good idea after all...
>
>And Rhinestone earrings that scream "I belong to Caroline Chant."  And cute
>little plastic figurines of humanoids with long hooded robes.  And a yellow
>transformer doll that transforms from a horse to a car.  And light pens...I
>really, in all honesty this time, always wanted a light pen.

Me too.  I also want my purse to scream "I belong to Melissa Proffitt" if
anyone grabs it.  Also the Dove chocolates in my cupboard, though they're
not really in that much danger.  I know *I'd* buy butter pies.

On the other hand....I was reading a FoxTrot comic strip to my kids (sorry
if you don't know what this is, but the relevant part is that the youngest
kid in the Fox family is an SF geek) which had Jason (the youngest) lining
up his Star Wars action figures, and it reminded me of how much fun my
brothers and I had playing with their extensive collection of said figures
when we were young, and...I think maybe I'd like a set of DWJ figures.  The
little ones--not the big plastic stuff you get in a Happy Meal, but the ones
we shelled out $3.95 for in the Bad Old Days.  (Actually it was my parents
who bought them, but...whatever.)  Chrestomanci with interchangeable
dressing gowns.  Old Sophie that turns into Young Sophie (and, come to that,
her two sisters that morph into one another.)  Howl with hair that changes
from black to yellow when you hold it under cold water.  And the Moving
Castle Playset.  Maybe we could get Playmobil to do it.

Melissa Proffitt
(who never really grew up, and now has Disposable Income)