DWJ's answers: Harry Potter

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Fri Aug 31 08:10:44 EDT 2001

> Then again,although she may or may not be happy with
> this windfall,  it may not  do the books any favours.
> I mean, Coke/Pepsi sponsored plastic Chrestomanci
> figurine anyone? Just imagine. Shudder....

Ugh!  Please, no!

That said, a few weeks ago I was in my local book shop, chatting with the
proprietor (who doesn't read fantasy, btw - she claims to be the only bookseller
who's never read Lord of the Rings...) and we were looking at some of the Harry
Potter branded stationery.  We rather liked the Hogwarts motto, "Draco dormiens
nunquam titillandus", which we just managed to translate between us before
grabbing a suitable dictionary off the shelf to check it; but I thought that the
shield showing the four houses' emblems had been designed with a singular lack
of heraldic research.  Unfortunately I can't now remember what my objections
were...

Anyway, no figurines, please, but what about Chrestomanci Castle stationery?
Rashpuhti carpets?  Butter pies?  Creema di Leema alcopops?  Hmm.  Perhaps it's
not such a good idea after all...

Philip.

prohibited.

Telephone     +44 (0) 2476 42 4000