DWJ's answers: Harry Potter

Sophie Liebregts s_liebregts at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 12:59:17 EDT 2001

 --- Philip  wrote:

> Like Bettina and Sally, the thing I object to most
> is the way JKR's fans ignore
> the background of children's fantasy from which her
> books have come, and treat
> HP as an isolated phenomenon.

Yes! That is exactly it. I suppose JKR is not too
bad(although I personally do not like her books. See
the "rounded characters" argument  another earlier
post. My thoughts exactly. Harry &Co are just a bit
twee for my taste), but why on earth the huge fuss?
Then again,although she may or may not be happy with
this windfall,  it may not  do the books any favours.
I mean, Coke/Pepsi sponsored plastic Chrestomanci
figurine anyone? Just imagine. Shudder....

Sophie