Howl film / Diana's answers

Fiona Haggart F.Haggart at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 21 02:31:27 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: M Elizabeth Parks <meparks at mtholyoke.edu>
To: <dwj at suberic.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 6:49 AM
Subject: Re: Howl film / Diana's answers

> Well, since it's out, I guess I can finally blurt out what I've been
> wanting to say for a while.  You know our casting thread?  Well, I've got
> a voice for Howl in mind--Japanese, not American or English

Perhaps I'm a purist but I don't want Japanese, American or English. Howl is
*Welsh*, I think he should be played by a Welsh actor. Regrettably I doubt
they'll do that, despite there being a number of actors capable of fitting
the bill.

It doesn't really matter to me who voices Sophie or Calcifer, Ingary after
all is it's own place but Howl is Welsh and I'd be disappointed if the story
was altered to facilitate the voice of a foreign actor

Fiona