Hello from a newcomer.

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 11:47:52 EDT 2001

Welcome to the list, Sophie!

FWIW, I have read (and have copies of) all DWJ's novels and most of the short
stories.  There seem to be a couple of short stories that haven't been published
in the UK that I can find - Enna Hittims and Everard's Ride are the two that
spring to mind.  I've been a fan since I was about 8, I think, and buying DWJ in
hardback as a matter of course since my early teens, so I have managed to avoid
looking at the new covers except when buying presents for young relatives...

> all like me, I am very messy.) Hey, idea! Which DWJ do
> you most identify with, list-people? This would be a
> nice way to introduce yourself?

What an excellent idea... except that i'm finding it hard to think of any
suitable DWJ characters!

I can see aspects of myself in a number of characters, but I don't really
identify strongly with any.  So here's a short list (in no particular order):

Imogen Melford
Mark Lister (_not_ Herrel Listanian)
Rupert Venables
Alk
Hestefan
Tonino Montana

On the other hand I do identify strongly with Tanith Lee's character Hatta (in
Drinking Saphire Wine)

The DWJ character I'd most like to resemble?  Probably Chrestomanci.

Philip.

PS since you're very new, you may not have seen this: go back to 13th July in
the archive, and pick up the Ania's post on "alternate identity".  She included
a questionnaire, and if you follow the thread, you'll see answers from most of
the regular members. You may even want to fill one in yourself.  Pity your
question wasn't on there!

prohibited.

Telephone     +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax                +44 (0) 2476 42 5432