Hello from a newcomer.

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Thu Aug 16 14:14:05 EDT 2001

Sophie said...

> No, at the moment I am living in Brighton, England. I
> have been here for five years, but I am moving to
> Ireland in a month's time.

What an excellent choice!  You can join the Irish contingent, which
currently consists of myself and Hallie (though Ania's coming to visit
soon).  We're both Dublin-based - where are you moving to?

> Yes, absolutely. I just found the bibliography on the
> website and I had no idea that there were so many!
> Most bookshops seem to only stock a few at any one
> time. So before I knew this I had sort of put myself
> on a ration, not allowing to greedily read all, but
> save some for later. Now that there are more than I
> thought, I can allow myself more treats. Hurray!

They're all being reprinted at the moment (with moderately horrible
covers), so the bookshops are full of them.  I was in Waterstones at
the weekend and there was nearly a whole shelf full of DWJ!  Lovely!
I bought "Dogsbody", which is the one I still wanted for my collection
(don't have Angus Flint and the other ones for younger readers, but
don't want those so much).

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"I feel that if a character cannot communicate, the very least he can
do is to shut up!"
--Tom Lehrer