When DWJ becomes a way of life

Wed Aug 8 14:06:43 EDT 2001

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001 22:20:53 -0700, leza70 at juno.com wrote:

>Melissa wrote:
>All of you who came up with the same image by the end of the second
>paragraph above are just as strange as me.  Like that's any comfort.
>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>I think it should be some comfort!  As I chortle at your posts, my
>husband is giving me "the eye" and asking, "What is so funny?"  He would
>not understand.
>-Jill~who is cracking up tonight over Melissa's words

"I'm so glad I can bring a little joy into your humdrum lives"--paraphrased
from "Singin' in the Rain," and it sounds better when I *say* it, because I
do a frighteningly good impression of Lena Lamont.

Anybody else experience sudden moments of DWJ synchronicity?  She blends
fantasy so well with the mundane world that I constantly forget just how
good an observer of life she is.  She has these phrases that she just tosses
out--"whickering goldenness" of cornflakes, the scent that "shrieks
VIOLETS!" and so forth.

Melissa Proffitt