alternate identity (travelling in Europe)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Aug 8 07:42:00 EDT 2001

Ania:

>  > Hallie (wondering if she's said terrible things about UCD here
>>  recently) (also wondering if other people check e-mail addresses with
>>  quite such interest)  (That's all.)
>>

>Yes. They do. I do.

:)  I'm in good company then.

>What's so horrible about UCD?

Nothing really.  Possibly nothing at all, now.  But 20-odd years ago,
I can say that the Science Department was pretty horrible -
especially the Biochem lot, and I've been known to mention this fact.
If you've been there even somewhat recently, and admired the verdant
grounds - it wasn't at all like that back when I went, either.  New
and raw and very ugly.  (And yes, a certain part of all this
negativity was due my really wanting to be in Trinity, studying Eng.
Lit, but I couldn't, because my father had taught in Trinity, while
my step-father taught at UCD and there were Issues (big-time), and
yes, I know how feeble all this sounds, but this still doesn't change
my conviction (shared by pretty much everyone who got a Biochem.
degree at the time) that it stank!)

Hallie (bringing parenthesis abuse to new heights).