19th Century Literature

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 10:54:06 EDT 2001

>>> J I M Stewart includes
>>> him [Kipling] as one of ?Eight Modern Writers? in a book of that title
>>> published in 1963
>>
>>er, do you mean 1863?
>
> No! 1963. That was my point. I think the others are Hardy, James,
> Conrad, Joyce, Yeats, Shaw and Lawrence.

Couldn't have been 1863 if it included Kipling, could it?  Silly of me.

> Anyway, must do some work now. Oh, and Philip - I think I spelt your name
> wrong earlier. I do apologise - hate it when people get my name wrong.
>
> Georgia

No offence taken.  I don't know why doubling of an L is so popular as a
mis-spelling, though (I did that to Melissa once on this list, so I can hardly
complain).

Philip.

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970