alternate identity (travelling in Europe)

Anna Skarzynska theania at freeuk.com
Mon Aug 6 18:07:20 EDT 2001

Nat Case:
> The first couple times I went to the UK, I made a point of visiting
> the three major sites of Susan Cooper's THE DARK IS RISING series,
> which were all lovely places in their own right:
>    The Grey King's setting is pretty clear, in the hills east of
> Tywyn. I climbed up Craig Aderyn, which is a spectacular view.

I live really close to there, just the other side of the Dyfi estuary! I
forgot how close until I reread The Dark Is Rising sequence recently and
reminded myself of the Grey King's location.
Did you see Castell y Bere near Craig Aderyn?
On a pedantic note, Susan Cooper makes a minor mistake in the Welsh in the
sentence which recurs in the book, the one which translates as "The
mountains are singing" etc.
Ania