One more question...

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Sun Aug 5 04:00:19 EDT 2001

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Preisig, Kylie (KAM.RIC) wrote:

> I don't know why anyone would actually go out and buy books by these
> writers when they are available for free on Project Gutenburg.

In my case, it's because PG editions don't have italics.

This may sound like a petty reason, but there are books that really
can't be rendered in plaintext without losing data.

My one serious go at downloading something from Project Gutenberg
instead of buying it was Conan Doyle's _The Valley of Fear_.
And every time I tried reading it, I bounced off a passage on the
first page that should have been italicized and wasn't.
In the end I gave up and bought a dead tree edition anyway.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."